DeepOnion and How to Register for the Weekly Airdrops
In this article I will cover the unique features of DeepOnion, its progress thus far and most importantly how you can participate in the $500 weekly free airdrop with a step by step guide.
What is unique about DeepOnion?
DeepOnion has been gathering momentum ever since its Airdrop launched on the 12th of July on Bitcointalk. All thanks to its great social media and community distribution and advertising. Its Bitcointalk exposure has rapidly increased and most threads have contributors with DeepOnion signatures in them. At the time of writing 11 out of 40 airdrops have been processed – so you still have plenty of time to participate if you wish. At the time of writing you can expect to get approximately $500 worth of DeepOnions every week if you fulfil the requirements.
DO’s unique selling proposition is providing users with full anonymity, so that eventually not even your transactions can be traced on the blockchain. Currently DeepOnion has a strong utilisation of the Tor network to maximise anonymity, one of the core features of DeepOnion is scheduled to be delivered in Q4 this year. The feature DeepOnion, which is a core feature of DO, will hide the transaction trade from the blockchain and as explained in an article on Steemit written by the user “wekkel”, using DeepSend is optional. For a thorough overview and a simple explanation of what DeepSend is and how it works, you can read Wekkel’s Steemit article here.
If you are a GPU miner, sadly this is not the coin for you as there are already ASIC equipment involved in the mining process. What I instead would recommend is to take part in the weekly airdrop over the next 28 weeks (7 months worth of Airdrop aka. free coins).
Roadmap Update & Key Future Deliverables (Features)
No item has been removed nor added to the Roadmap since its launch in January, and that is a good thing. This shows that the developers had a clearly structured plan and that they are sticking to the promises that they made to the community and investors.
Delivery of items have progressed accordingly to the laid-out plan. The main core deliveries thus far have been:
- Signature campaign launch (Airdrop)
- Website & Community (forum) launch (https://deeponion.org)
- DeepOnion trading on its first exchange (NovaExchange)
- Twitter & Facebook campaign start
- Paper wallet and Brain wallet
The interesting of the scheduled deliveries for the next two quarters are;
- DeepSend delivered (Q4) > providing users with full anonymity of transactions.
- Online ads starts to run (Q4) > This should increase awareness. Increased awareness may increase trading volume and a higher trading volume may have a positive impact trading price.
- Community driven deliveries – allowing DO holders to vote for next items to action. (Q1)
- Android and iOS wallets (Q1) > Greater wallet accessibility, which may lead to more real-world application as coins are easier to access and transfer on the go.
DeepOnion Price Development
On the first day of tracking on the 14th of August, DO was trading at $0.28 / 7,000 Satoshi. On its first price spike, DO was trading at $3.56 (89,753 Satoshi) and on the second price spike it was trading at $4.89 (106,272 Satoshi).
Some problems caused by the exchange where DO was available caused the coin’s price and trading volume to fall from its $1 range to $0.61 when it was at the lowest. Once the issues were resolved, the price recovered quickly and has in the past 24 hours alone, increased by 58.70% back to $1.03.
DeepOnion has since settled in to approximately $1 (24,634 Satoshi) and remained fairly stable in at that price.
You can always keep up to the latest price by checking coinmarket here.
Earn DeepOnion by keeping your wallet open
DeepOnion is hybrid PoW and PoS, and that simply means it can be both mined and also staked in the wallet, of which you earn a return on.
In the first year of DeepOnion you can expect to earn 10% on the coins staked in your local wallet, decreasing to 5% in the 2nd year and finally 1% for all subsequent years. It pays to be an early adopter of DeepOnion.
A community member over at DeepOnion has written a brief and clear guide on how to stake your DeepOnion coins. Go straight to the how to tutorial on how to stake your DeepOnion coins and earn interest here.
Checklist you HAVE to adhere to, to participate in the Airdrops
Here is a check-list of things for you to be able to participate in the Airdrop as well as some tips to ensure that you stay on board the airdrop week-on-week.
- You MUST hold a Bitcointalk account. This have to have been created before September 1st. Your rank must be at least Junior rank, but do note that Junior ranks are under a lot of scrutiny for quality content posting than higher ranked accounts are.
- From Airdrop 12 you need to have an account on the DO forum and be a contributing member in order to participate;
- You MUST create at least 10 posts on Bitcointalk each week. Each post has to be at least 50 characters. What is most important is that these are quality posts – if they are low quality posts, considered spam or copy/paste content, you will either risk being removed from the airdrops OR you will not be accepted if you are new. I strongly encourage you write as much as possible and go beyond the 10 weekly posts. REMEMBER; whatever you do, do NOT burst fire posts. What I mean by that is that you should not write all 10 posts in a short time-frame each week, or you will be blacklisted and banned from the airdrops. The 10 comments should primarily be discussing cryptocurrencies in the ANN (Announcement) section of Bitcointalk. So comments in the off-topic section for instance won’t count towards the post count.
- Do not worry about missing a week on posting on Bitcointalk – you can miss two consecutive weeks and still be in the airdrops, any more than that and you are out, so make sure you stay active, but don’t fret if you have holidays. Just note that the week’s where you do not meet the 10 post criteria on Bitcointalk, you will not receive the airdrop.
- The higher the quality of the posts are and the more posts you have, the more likely you are to be accepted and kept in the Airdrops. Remember, all posts and airdrop participants posts are checked manually by a DeepOnion member, so make sure you do not spam or copy/paste content.
- ALWAYS keep your Bitcointalk signature updated according to your Bitcointalk rank, so make sure you check your Bitcointalk rank every week, because if the signature is wrong, you will be removed from the Airdrop and getting back in is notoriously difficult.
Step by step tutorial on how to Register for the DO Airdrops
- Update your Bitcointalk Signature – choose the right one from the list here. Remember to select the correct Signature depending on your Bitcointalk rank. Your Bitcointalk ID you can find by going to your own profile and then clicking on “Show Stats” under “PROFILE INFO” on the left hand side menu.
- Download the relevant DeepOnion wallet – you could use the NovaExchange wallet for instance, but I highly recommend that you have full control over the wallet and where the coins are stored (reducing the risks).
- Go back to your Bitcointalk.org profile, select Forum Profile Information again. Scroll down until you find the Bitcoin address field and insert your copied DeepCoin address here. Make sure you save your settings.
- Apply for the airdrop on their community website here.
- Now wait for the team to review your application. If you followed all the points here above as well as my recommendations for high quality posts and Bitcointalk activity, then you should have a high chance of being accepted.
Download Windows v1.2 wallet here
Download Mac v1.1 wallet here